By 2020, 30% of web browsing sessions will be done without a screen – Gartner
Gone are the days when you had access to the commands in mobile apps just by only tapping on the screen. The arrival of Siri – Apple’s personal assistant on iPhone 4S resulted in the rise of speech recognition on mobile devices and today, easy-to-use voice recognition technology is revolutionizing the way people interact and is about to take a giant leap forward.
The reason voice recognition is gaining traction these days is the level of hassle-free operations it provides.
A step-by-step process of how it is done:
- The user speaks some words by invoking voice recognition mobile app
- The spoken words are processed by recognition software and converted to text
- The converted text is then provided as input to the search mechanism which returns the results
Benefits oF Voice-Based Mobile Apps
- Easier and Faster: Delivering the command with multiple taps on the keypad was the only option before but with voice, communication is more natural, three times faster and hands-free mode is yet another benefit.
- Works precisely: Typo errors can be avoided and streamlined operations enable higher productivity.
- Security: Voice-dedicated processes are always secured; no one can interpret one’s voice and requires less training.
- Multiple uses: Voice recognition through mobile devices makes life easy and can be carried out on the move. For instance: The use of voice-based mobile apps while driving.
Why it is crucial?
By integrating voice recognition skills, you are not just limited to giving commands by tapping the keypad in the mobile app. Typing long statements is always cumbersome, but with voice assistance capabilities, you can make your mobile app independent and provide a hands-free interaction experience.
By adopting voice technology, mobile app developers will be able to increase user interaction, and user experience and the mobile app commands would provide a unique way to address UX concerns. Whether you want to avoid distractions or are unable to manipulate the touch screen, a voice assistant can be your best friend and can prove to be the easiest solution!
What Abilities Do The Voice Recognition Software Provide?
1. Personalized responses: Today, voice assistants like Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Siri are widely used and all of them can recognize different voices with integrated voice recognition skills to create a more personalized user experience.
So, mobile app developers will be able to build voice-based profiles in the mobile app to create a more personalized experience for the users. For instance, if you ask about your morning route, you will get info about your route and not your spouse’s; the same goes well for playlists, schedules, shopping lists, travel info, and much more.
2. Voice Push Notification: Generally, push notifications are in the form of text messages that usually do not disturb the ongoing activity of the user but with the voice push notification, the user gets distracted as it attracts the user’s attention.
There are pros and cons attached to it but voice push notification on mobile app offers a wide range of possibilities and is perfect for boosting mobile app engagement by connecting with customers when you want, wherever they are. Mobile app marketers need to make sure that the sent voice push notifications are relatively important and need to be timely done so that the users do not get irritated.
3. Pay by Voice: With the introduction of voice-driven digital assistants, voice-enabled payments in the digital banking solution has opened a new avenue for customers for on-the-go payment. The interface in the mobile banking system is completely voice-driven, hence giving the benefit of making transactions with a natural voice conversation.
Additionally, remembering the PIN number is not required and customers can use their own voice because of voice biometrics authentication which is extremely safe and secure. When it comes to product purchasing, Alexa searches the eligible items from the order history of Amazon-prime and makes the use of 1-click setting to make the payment.
4. Voice for Home Entertainment: Voice assistants have changed the way people interact with devices and not too far in the future; they will be the primary means to communicate in the home. For instance, in the connected home, the voice interface will discard the use of light switches, buttons, remote controls, and much more.
Your customers can ask their TV, set-top box to search for programs, movies, tv shows, etc. With voice recognition, customers can solve the problem of increasing device functionality without adding extra taps and displays to streamlined designs.
The Final Word
Voice recognition technology is the next big thing in mobile app development, tech companies like Facebook, Google, Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, and many more are looking for unique ways to implement natural-language user interaction.
Because of its convenience and hassle-free operations, it provides to customers, integrating voice assistance can help to give the edge to your business. Looking to integrate voice recognition technology into your mobile app?
Feel free to reach out to our team and it would be great to engage with you in realizing the strength of voice-enabled mobile apps.